DeeDee Rasmussen is an elected member of the Leon County School Board where she is currently serving as the Board Chair for the second time. She is also a successful executive with over fifteen years of experience working in higher education, preceded by a fifteen year career in public service as a senior staff member at the highest levels of the legislative and executive branches of Florida’s government.
DeeDee graduated from The Florida State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science/Communications and a Master’s degree in Public Administration. She resides in Tallahassee, Florida and is a proud mother of three children who attended Leon County Schools.
As a member of the School Board, DeeDee has worked hard to create pathways for all students to become:
- Engaged and ethical citizens
- Creative and critical thinkers
- Effective communicators and collaborators
- College/career ready graduates
As a member of the Leon County School Board, DeeDee has championed several important causes, namely:
- Transparency and fiscal stewardship
- Competitive teacher compensation and classroom management support
- Additional opportunities for enhanced academic instruction
- Reasonable accountability measures and assessments
- The importance of civic education and community engagement
- Preservation of art and music programs
- Multiple pathways to graduation and school choice
- School safety, nutrition and wellness programs to ensure student success